Thursday, June 19, 2014

06-16-14 - Elder Hepworth's Neat Thought on Prayer

I really liked what Matt (Elder Hepworth) - Cade's good friend - emailed this week.  So, I thought I'd share....

 I want to share a really awesome experience I had with prayer this week.

I was lying in bed one night after saying my prayers, and I was just thinking about prayer, Kinda like "it's crazy to think about that Heavenly Father hears and answers all of our prayers". Like just the idea of that, listening to each and everyone of us in the world as we
pray. And I was really getting into this thought. Not so much trying to understand how that's possible, but just thinking "wow, that's really incredible"   and just dwelling on that for a while,   and then I just got this overwhelming feeling of love and comfort from my
Heavenly Father. 


Was I in need of it?  no, not especially, but I just had this feeling that he was just sitting there looking down on me as if to say "ya, I hear you" Not an impatient, "ya I hear you, now hurry
it up, I got things to do" but more like a "I'm hear if you wanna talk, I'm all ears, I don't have anywhere to be, I'll be here as long as you need me"  as if it was just me and him. As if I was the only person in the world he cared about, or had to listen to that night..  Idk, I'm probably not even describing this that well, but it was cool, one of the coolest experiences I've ever had with prayer to be honest. And I know you don't have to be a missionary to have an experience like that either, because the truth is, I'm not the only person he loves, he loves all of you just the same, but isn't that a characteristic of someone who loves you so much? they make you feel like your the only important thing in the world?


Nobody can take that experience from me,  you don't just get a feeling like that from
no where. Our Heavenly Father loves us more then we will ever comprehend. I can't explain it, you'd think he'd have a lot more important things to do, and be too busy being a God, but he's not, we're the most important thing to him.


Someday I want to hire someone to paint this picture I had in my head, it was so clear to me as I was thinking about it, and made it even more real. Just this thought of my kneeling at my bed, with the world and all of it's craziness surrounding me, and then Heavenly Father up above me blocking out all of the craziness and just listening to me  

 Which then reminded me of one of my favorite primary songs. 'A Child's Prayer'


     "Heavenly Father, are you really there? and do you hear and answer every child's prayer?      Some say that Heaven is far away, but I feel it close around me as I pray." "Pray, he is there. Speak, he is listening.  YOU are his Child, his light now surrounds you.


      He, hears your prayers. He, loves the Children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment